Volunteers connect alumni, friends, and families to the University and each other through a range of appealing opportunities. The Alumni Association relies on a partnership with active volunteers to conduct local programming that engages alumni of all degrees and generations.
Examples of a few key roles for leadership volunteers:
President/National Chair/Regional Contact
- Provides strategic leadership and maintains contact with the Alumni Association liaison, development liaisons, and volunteer leaders from the Alumni Board of Governors, Alumni Schools Committee, and other University graduate and professional schools as needed
- Takes overall responsibility for the club or group's activities
- Convenes volunteer meetings
Program Chair/Metro Chair
- Coordinates upcoming events
- Supports and manages a local committee of volunteer event and program planners
- Ensures proper marketing and communications for events by maintaining contact with the Alumni Association
- Coordinates event promotion with other local volunteers for UChicago Community Online and social media outreach
- Sends announcements of upcoming board meetings to club officers and board members
- Takes minutes of all meetings and sends them to members and to the Alumni Association liaison
- Acts as head administrator for UChicago Community Online websites, assisting with publishing new content and sending newsletters
- Coordinates with program chairs to support social media outreach/marketing
Careers and Networking Chair
- Coordinates externships, interview skills workshops, networking, and career-related events and recruitment in conjunction with the Alumni Association and the Alumni Board of Governors
Board Members at Large
- Serve as a resource in identifying volunteers, regional contacts, potential board members, and other alumni volunteers based on current needs and priorities
- Support fellow board members, as necessary, with program and strategic advisory support and management of the various committees
To get involved and learn more, visit the alumni clubs or affinity groups listing to find your local volunteer and staff contacts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 773.702.8955.