New members will be notified of their selection after April 30.
Thank you for your interest in the Alumni Board, which serves as the advisory board to the University of Chicago Alumni Association. The Board works to connect, celebrate, and represent UChicago alumni.
The Alumni Board consists of 20 to 30 members with approximately three new members joining each year. Members serve a two-year term, which begins on July 1, with a “mutual option” for a second two-year term with nominating committee approval.
The Alumni Board seeks candidates who demonstrate the following qualities:
- History of engagement with UChicago
- Strong track record of leadership experience
- Commitment to building connections in their communities
- Collaborative, energetic spirit
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate
- must have matriculated at the University and earned credit toward one of its degrees;
- cannot previously have served two full terms on the Alumni Board;
- must commit to attending meetings in person twice a year in Chicago and to participating on committees and full board calls throughout the year;
- should have a history of leadership, service to the University, and the ability to collaborate;
- should be willing to serve as an ambassador for the University in his or her community; and
- may be from any geographic location or degree unit.
Please do not inform candidates that they are under consideration, since only a limited number of new members are chosen each year from among many talented individuals. All deliberations are kept confidential.